Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Thursday, April 9, 2015

All about me

I saw Yoko and Reina posting so I was like uuuh why not I do it too so here's my self-introduction again. As you guys know or hopefully know my name is Kosuke Tsukakoshi. I was born and raised in Japan until I was 7, and then my father was told by the company he works for to go to Birmingham Alabama, USA. As a kid I didn't want to go. I would have to leave my friends that I was with since I was born (when my mom and 3 other "soon to be mothers of my friends" were still pregnant they were side by side in the beds at the hospital. Even though I still  hang around with them time to time, it's still unbelievable to me that we have been together all this time!) and I was scared that I would be alone with everyone around me speaking a language I didn't understand. However that was wrong. There were 3 kids that were Japanese who helped and translated the "unknown language" to me. As time pass I became very fluent with English. I was able make many friends (they were the one who taught me how to skateboard and told me many great American punk rock bands) and was having a wonderful time of my life. Halloween, Easter, Christmas, school dance parties, watching football in my friends' basement, playing video games, even getting into trouble with the teachers for talking during class is still fresh and is a good memory of mine. When I was 13 my parents told me that we were going back to Japan for me to spend an year in middle school to prepare for high school entrance exams. I was ready to go to an American high school but my parents thought that if I stayed in America any longer I would lose the Japanese side of me. So we came back to Japan studied for high school and got into Wako Kokusai high school, a public school in Saitama. I ended up making many friends there too and became good friends with an Aussie exchange student named Beau. (If you check my Facebook you can look at the pictures of Bunkasai and Taiikusai. Also you can read some cheesy English posts of mine as well.) After all of that it leaves me here. It turned into more of an autobiography than a self-introduction but here you go! You might not recognize me tomorrow because I dyed my hair today but if you see me inside or outside of class or even outside of school, just say hi to me! Thanks (^o⌒*)/