Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Thursday, April 9, 2015

sorry I wasn't gonna write this much...






I saw some people already posting their self introduction so I'm gonna do it too! 


I'm Akane, I was born in Chiba and now live in saitama. as you may or may not know, I never lived abroad and totally freaked out to hear that most of the people in this class are returning students or half and fluent in English and even in other languages. English is the only foreign language I can speak, I started studying at an English academy when I was in first grade. but until spring break after the first year in hight school I wasn't really serious about English. I literally couldn't speak except for like "hi my name is Akane nice to meet you how are you?" "I'm fine thank you!" "how's the weather today?" "it's sunny!". that sounds pretty terrible right?! but then, in spring break just before the sophomore year in highschool, I got a chance to go to Royal roads university, Victoria, Canada, to study. and that was a turning point of my English. it was a school project, only one week, and anyone who wanted to go could join as long as they paid. so the classes were super easy, people always talked in Japanese, and I don't think I leared anything from those classes. however, outside of school, that was a life changing. I stayed with a very very very nice host family, my host mother tried to communicate with me as much as possible though I barely could do it. she took me everywhere she went when I was at home, let me play with kids, and experience so many things I'd never done and will never get to do in Japan. I wanted to talk with her more, but I couldn't, and that was so frustrating. I started to wish I could speak English better so that I could tell her how grateful i was. that was surely a short time, but if I hadn't done that,  I wouldn't be into English this much and wouldn't be writing this blog right now. after I came back, I started studying harder than I ever did, decided I wanted to go back to Canada, begged my parents to let me, actually went back there for summer break, attended language school for one month. that's still a short time but long enough to keep me motivated. since then I got more into English and have been trying to use English as much as I can in everyday activities. this is pretty much how I got so interested in English though I never lived abroad.


but the experience in other countries is definitely something that's missing from me compared to most of you guys, and as you can see my English is not as good. i feel honored to be in this class but at the same time I'm really freaked out, scared and worried. please please pleaaaase put up with me and help me out.



thank you for reading all this long self introduction! :p