Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Sunday, September 27, 2015

My Summer Vacation



Hello!

     Today, I'll talk about my summer vacation. I think almost all of you enjoyed your summer time. But I spent most of the summer vacation in studying English to take TOEIC test.

     First, I want to tell you why I decided to take TOEIC. TOEIC is a good opportunity to improve English skills and will be a big advantage when I start looking for jobs in the future. But these are minor reasons. The main reason is that it was a reasonable excuse to quit my part-time job.  I had worked at restaurant until August. But it was too busy and I thought I couldn't work any more. So I told the manager that I would quit the job in order to get a qualification.

     I used mock exams to prepare for the actual test.  At first, my score was not so good. It is hard to answer all questions because TOEIC requires speed and accuracy. But I reviewed over and over, my score was gradually better. At the last practice exam, my score was over 850 (full score is 990 ).

    However, I couldn't do my best in the actual test... Although the time was running out, I didin't answer some questions. I makred some answers randomly in the end :(

    Official score certificate will arrive in next month. I'm looking for it.