Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Monday, May 18, 2009

Class Reunion

I had a school reunion at my elementary school on Saturday because it was its 50th anniversary. Although all of my classmates didn't come (since it was prom night for most of them), it was really nice seeing my classmates and the other grades I used to play with. They just got soooooo big!! Some people I didn't even notice who they were LOL
My classmates(from the left): Michael, Shaon, Anurag, Seaun, Ryo, Matthew, Christine, Melisa, and Jaimie (me)
But the interesting thing is that there are students from all over the country so it's pretty cool talking to them. Kind of like cross-cultural communication?haha
Well, for example, there was this girl in our class who was Islamic. I didn't know anything about religion when I was in elementary... well, maybe only Christianity. So I didn't know the system about Ramadan, which is similar to Lent. Her parents were strict Islamic so I sometimes thought it was pitiful for her...
Also, when there are events held at school like this day, the mothers make traditional foods of their country so it is really unique and a good chance to get to know the food culture of different countries.


Since international schools end in June, I was the only university student in my class!! It was pretty shocking... I felt like I was REALLY older than the others...haha And the sad thing was all of my friends are going to the university abroad like the U.S., Canada, England, India, and so on. Most of them are leaving in July and it makes me really sad when I think I can't meet them for a loooooong period of time. We were really good buddies and we always met three times a year and that won't happen for several years...very sad:(


Well, after we ate the scrumptious food, we went to our classmate's house who lives right behind the elementary school.






Since the boys had the prom night, Melisa and I choose the blouses and neckties, and the colones which suit them. Since I started going to a Japanese school from junior high, I had no experience of prom which is a BIG bummer. It just sounds like fun!!

The boys invited us for the after prom, but we decided to go to the after grad held next month instead. I'm pretty excited already hehe

Well, that's what I was up to on Saturday:)