Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

my tribe, my amorphous, my indefinite

If you were to ask me what I was doing at this moment,
I would say I just cancelled work because I was feeling productive and had better things to do,

AND I'm also crossing my fingers for a pandemic.

yes you heard me.
I'm hoping for an pandemic. The ignorance of the people on this earth just amuses me.

I wish everyone single person who makes fun of masks, somehow "know for sure" they wont get infected, underestimates the flu, to just get infected and suffer and beg for mercy and say it to my face that they were wrong and sorry.

I thought it would be nice to promote masks.
except, the reactions were unbelievable.
I recently had a picnic with a friend and she said "you're so Japanese. Please take it off you look creepy."
I would go to school and people will not only criticize me for caring about my body, but they would laugh and say "Japanese people are the only ones who wear masks hahahaha We're not going to get infected!"
Well guuuuurrrrrrrrrlll, I have a mirror in my bag and I could of pulled it out so you can look yourself in the mirror and realise you're a Japanese person with no pride AND NO MASK. Who cares if Wearing a mask = Japanese. At least we will be the only ones who wont have to suffer in the end. I just cant believe how people are so self-conscious about how they look and not worry about their insides. This is where I think the problem is. We're lost in the "market" where "western = everything that's in."
If we don't flaunt our Japanese-ness, we will always be seen as "the outsider, who is not with the times."
That's why I lost total respect for Sawajiri Erica and her husband for writing on their blogs that its embarrassing how its only Japanese people who wear masks. I hope they both get infected and see who's laughing in the end. They are famous celebrities with a chance to promote masks. Yet they had to emphasise the fact that they think they are "international people" who get to experience different cultures first hand. and are people who oppose Japanese customs.
I am a citizen of the planet where I believe there should be no negative judgments towards others. Especially by abusing my position in the media.

Therefore, I have realised that it wouldn't make a difference if it was only me who tried promoting masks....We need someone who is followed, draws attention :


Beyonce


Oh look! If I say Beyonce wears a mask would you?
I bet you would.
I'm sure she could get away with anything by saying "But, it's the latest trend"
and people will copy it.

So I really appreciate tegoyuri for spreading the word on masks.
Isn't sad how we have to actually make an effort so others will wear masks on trains?

Whats ironic is that masks are sold out everywhere!