Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Monday, May 18, 2009

no dice


What a crazy day.
And may I add, extremely unfortunate.

I had to go to my part time job. (I work at a shady English studio called GABA) but I was late. Luckily my first client didn't show up.
There was a show in Komazawa Daigaku where a band called Grave Maker(from Canada) was going to play, and I was going to go.
I finished work and sprinted to the station and got to Komazawa Daigaku station around 5:30 but the show had just ended. I talked to a friend there and she told me she might go to Shinjuku to see a band called Trash Talk play. I decided to go too. Right then another friend called me on my cell and told me she was at the Thai Festival in Yoyogi Park (which I wanted to go as well). I decided to go to the Thai Festival first and I got there at 7:00. It ends at 8pm so there was nothing special going on but people desperately yelling on the top of their lungs out of their booths, so they can sell the last of their food. Everything I tried to order was sold out but I fell in mad love with these coconut pancake-ish things :


I ended up eating something I didn't know what it was...something on a skewer
But you can tell I'm having the time of my life. :P



The festival ended and We went back to Harajuku to take purikuras.



I don't even remember the last time I took purikuras, but honestly, I don't see then fun in the anymore.
My friends and I were discussing school life and who we find attractive at school.
I told them I find this one person who looks like a tadpole, and this other person who looks like nam-plaa attractive. I didn't even know how someone could look like nam-plaa but if I showed you a picture of that person, I'm sure you couldn't agree with me more.

Apparently I looked like a "fried banana" today.




After that I went to Shinjuku and went to go see this band from the U.S. called Trash Talk.
Now Trash Talk is a crazy crazy CRAZY band. I saw them this January (Pump Up The Volume Festival) but the kept throwing guitar stands, mic stands, microphones everything they can possible move into the crowed. One girl got hit right in the forehead by a mic I DUCKED! I've never been in "survival mode" at a show except for that show!

But unfortunately I didn't make it to the venue on time. It just ended. But I met many friends I haven't seen, so I was glad I went. The singer had a red bruise on his forehead because he would always jam the mic against his forehead.... The drummer had a bleeding elbow..... Maybe it was good after all that I didn't go.



Oh and I absolutely have no social skills. Must work on that. Anyone have any tips?
I'm a timid person but once I open up you would be begging me to shut up.


Or maybe I'm jinxed?

-------------------------

I still don't know what to say about tribes.
But what I can say about weddings, is that I'm going to get all my wedding clothing designed by Harriet's Muse for sure! ;]
I want to have an exotic wedding. (I don't mean it as in tropical exotic) Pagan weddings seem interesting too.
I've heard of people having weddings in museums before....That's also a excellent idea.