Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Life is just so interesting!

Interesting story, Yusaku. I understand what you're talking about. I don't know how to say it right, but when I'm out of Japan and surrounded by a different culture, I sometimes find myself acting differently than the others and more like a typical Japanese person . You know what I mean? For example, bowing to a person who is on the other side of the phone, missing so much a nice hot miso soup, and feeling uncomfortable wearing shoes all the time indoor. Those stuff are maybe coming from my experience living in a Japanese society: a society that helped me acquire my personal virtues and sense of values. Although there are customs and rituals in Japan that I don't like, I still know you can learn a lot from them. I hope It makes sense to you.

Changing the subject completely, I'm going to write about what I did last night. I had dinner with a girlfriend of mine-Nagisa and her boyfriend Shinya. Shinya is a professional cameraman and takes pictures for musicians and sports magazines. I'm glad I got the chance to meet him cuz he was such a nice guy.
We had dinner at a restaurant in Kanda called Omachido. The person who runs this restaurant is a guy called Kohei-san. Actually Kohei-san is a Japanese professional rapper and goes by the name of Kohei-Japan. A professional chef that can spit dope rhymes in Japanese, now how cool is that!! Maybe you guys have never heard of him, but I personally admire him because I used to go to school listening to his music when I was in junior high. I couldn't even look straight into his eyes cuz I was so nervous like a 6 year-old.

Kohei-san, Thank you so much for a pleasant meal. You made my day!


Yuri>I liked the way you described the relationship between food and culture. I like to try all sort of food that I've never tried. When I eat other country's ethnic food, I feel like I want to know more about it because the food represents their culture, religion, and special products. I love to talk about food, because I'm such a gourmand-a kuidouraku. The bad thing about it is that I eat like cookie monster!Cookieeees!
Jaimie> Lovely pictures. I can tell you had a great time with your buddies:)
Chris>What the hell is nam-plaa attractive?! I gatta see that picture!