Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

japanese culture

Good evening!! I'm going to write about the film about "otaku" we saw the other day.
The movie was funny! And interesting!It's kind of surprising to me that the otaku culture is really popular to foreign people.
I thought the definitions of the words were a bit wrong. I don't know much about otaku, so my image of the words may be wrong too but I'll write them down.

I thought the explanation for "moe" and "cosplay" was pretty accurate.
Pink fuzzy warm feeling...lol
"Tundere" doesn't only mean to hide your true feelings and say rude things.
It definitely doesn't mean that if you say die to a person,you like him/her.
My definiton of "tundere" is the gap of people. When people that usually take cold manners to people, say sweet things or take cute actions, we call them "tundere".
"tun"
"Burikko" isn't limited to old women. When girls hide their nature and tries to act cute, we call them burikko.Burikko girls often tries to act stupid too.
As Hikari said, most of the girls don't like burikko girls. I don't either.

I wonder how the otaku culture will develop.
Good night!