Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Reality

 During the golden week my mind suddenly came up with a question that goes like this. "What is mass? You probably thought that the answer was easy, mass is the amount of matter in a physical object. This part is obvious if you went to school. What I was really questioning was why do things have mass? Although I had a lot of time to think about it I couldn't figure out the answer so I asked Mr. Google. It came up with all sorts of convoluted things but the best thing I found was this. Objects are made up of atoms that have mass and atoms are made up of quarks and they have mass and quarks have mass because of the Higgs boson. The Higgs boson which is sometimes called the gods particle was discovered in 2012. They create this thing called the Higgs field and the interaction between particles and the Higgs field is what makes things have mass. After reading all sorts of scientific papers on this I was kind of glad that I quit physics in my second year of high school (I had to take it in my third year but I didn't really study for it) and switched to chemistry because physics sometimes fry my brain cells. Although I don't like physics, I like reading things about quantum physics. Its like understanding the universe because it is the study of matter and energy of really small particles. It makes me wonder about how the things we see, hear and feel may not be reality but a virtual simulation made by organisms that have a higher civilization and technology than us. Maybe we will find out the answer to everything when the time comes for us to die. Last thing, I don't know why but in physics, I've always hated this formula (1/4𝛑k)X(s/d)V. The 1/4𝛑k can also be written as ε. If any one of you took physics in high school please write down the formulas you don't like in the comments.




2 comments:

arisa (they/them) said...

*slams the whole entire physics book down on your table* here. all the formulas i hated. there. here it is. Everything.

Reiko said...

I would retweet this