Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Friday, May 27, 2022

Running

Every five months, I get the sudden urge to go on a run. It could be a light, 15 minute jog. It could also be a full on quarter marathon. Maybe some interval trainings here and there to mix up the routine. I then become severely addicted to going on runs that I go on one everyday. If I don't, the day feels incomplete. 

Unfortunately, this phase only lasts for a week or two. I'm not sure I've mentioned this in my other blogs, but I am very much against routines. I'm a firm believer that repetition is what kills a man. I am also extremely inconsistent, thus a daily morning run just does not work for me. I wish it did though.

Why I am telling you this is because I want to talk about my most recent run. It was one of the best runs I've ever been on, it made me consider becoming an athlete. I do have one confession to make, though. I am saddened to tell you that it happened on a treadmill... A TREADMILL

Running out on a random street and running on a treadmill is a completely different feeling. The cold breeze that brushes the side of your face, the ever changing views, the occasional run in on another runner... It's a whole new experience. On the flip side, once you've tried all the routes that exist in your neighbourhood, it becomes harder to appreciate each run.

This eventually led me to the conclusion that I should try going on a treadmill. Yet having been an anti-treadmill since middle school, I was reluctant to start my run. I was mentally prepared to be dissapointed. As of now, to say that it was life changing is an understatement. I now have a newfound appreciation for treadmills, and I would also like to make an apology to every runner I've judged for using one over the last five years.

Currently looking forward to my next run <3 I'll update ya'll on how long my phase will last this time.

3 comments:

Reiko said...

I was like this in high school!! My apartment complex has a small gym with a couple treadmillls, and I went doubting that they actually made me want to exercise, but I left the gym as a new man who wanted to go again. (which I did but only lasted for like a month and I haven't gone back)

Karin said...

oooooo I'm so jealous you have a gym in your apartment?!

Reiko said...

Yeah its a small one though