Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Sixteen Personalities

Hello,

Let me make this quick for you. Have you ever taken the Myers-Briggs (MBTI) test? Well, it's a personality type quiz-thing that originates and takes influencefrom Jung's theory of 'Psychological Types', and according to the Myers-Briggs test there are 16 personalities that can be determined by cognitive functions (introversion/extraversion, sensing/inuition, thinking/feeling, and judging/perceiving). 

So, earlier this evening while I was talking with a friend that I have known to be an ISFJ, I found out that she retook the test and the results came back as ESFJ instead. Which was interesting to me because I've never thought of her as an Extrovert, but her new college classmates thought that she fits the bill. I don't put too much weight into psychological 'personality' tests like the Myers-Briggs and Enneagram test--I like to put a distance between myself and the personality test results the same way I do with my exam results, y'know? I don't like being perceived, I guess <3

But, it was interesting to hear from my friend that her MBTI type changed after so long of her having the same type.

Actually, for the longest time I have always been typed as an INTJ-A(ssertive). But during the height of the pandemic and after months of quarantining, I was typed as an INTP-T instead. Which was hilarious to me because fron my understanding, INTPs are what you would describe as 'chaotically organized'--or maybe, 'organized chaos'. Whichever works best. And then when I went back to real life, I went back to being an INTJ. But instead of Assertive, I was an INTJ-T(urbulent) instead. 

So, out of curiosity, I decided to take the test again and see if anything has changed. And, well... Nothing much has changed aside from my introvertedness going from 83% to 87%.

Anyways, I'm actually really interested in hearing about everyone's MBTI types (and Enneagrams, as well). It makes a fun conversation. 

Okay, now, I go back to my other assignments. Gooba <3

3 comments:

Otoha Kasai said...

I sorta change between INFP and INFJ!

Ken said...

Oh you`re familiar with Jung?!
I have his collected works!

Reiko said...

I- I'm an INTP-T........