Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Sunday, May 8, 2022

The Will of D...

As I slowly lose my grasp on the folds of reality, I am reminded of my saving grace: 'One Piece'.

I don't think I've talked about One Piece here before, but since it was May 5 I will specifically dedicate a post for the special occasion.

What is May 5 to me, you ask? Children's Day, a national holiday in Japan? No. The birthday of the protagonist of an animated series? Absolutely, exactly, yes. It was the birthday of the protagonist of One Piece, Luffy. (Is he my favorite character in the whole series? No, but I still love him all the same.)

The thing is, I've been told that I don't look like I enjoy anime, but I do. I first watched anime at the age of three, when my older brother decided to play 'Gundam Seed Destiny' on my DVD player, to distract me from bothering him--who knew space wars were graphic, huh? :]

Suffice to say, I grew up on anime and thought I was really cool for it. (Debatable.) 

Later on, I was introduced to more Japanese media like JRPGs, visual novels, manga--y'know, the usual. And thanks to my older brother, I grew to love Final Fantasy and just a bunch of media that shaped who I am today. But somehow, that was just the beginning... One summer, when I was only a wee. My brother turned to me, eyes strained with a familiar look of judgement and obnoxious smugness, 'Have you watched One Piece yet?' He asked, as if he was waiting for an actual answer--I mean, he was already typing "one piece ep 1 hd" on the search bar so, clearly, it was a rhetorical question. 

A minor tangent but one thing you have to know about my brother: he likes to believe that he's cooler than the rest of the general population. And since he's not here to defend himself, let me tell you that he is only a bit--very slightly, just a crumb, a fraction, a drop--cooler compared to yours truly.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (2012)

Okay, but anyways, the point is--well, I'm not actually sure what my point was... But One Piece is based as hell, my guy. I may have not touched grass in years, but I have watched One Piece at least four times now. It is straight up bussin'. 

If you were waiting for a proper, full fledged analysis... Well, I apologize because there is no analysis--yet. So, right now, when I say One Piece is based... Trust me, I am just saying this with the vibes in mind. To keep this short and sweet, One Piece is immaculate. When I hear a One Piece Opening theme play and I hear the narrator say "Wealth, fame, power... (富み、名声、力)" , believe me when I say that I am being astral projected out of orbit. I feel my mind stretching further into the horizon; beyond the seas, the skies, the omelet folds of time and space. In short, I go silly bonkers. 

TL;DR, I am seven seconds and ten steps away from being called a zealot. But I love One Piece so good night. Tee-hee.

Disclaimer: I haven't slept in nearly two days, so if I typed anything out of pocket I just want you to know that I cannot physically apologize or compensate you for causing emotional damage. Simply, cry about it.

Important keywords: Based, touch grass, bussin', vibes, silly bonkers, the will of D...

No comments: