Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Thursday, October 16, 2014

About The Lost Thing


I watched a short movie which was produced by Shaun Tan during IE class. I’ve never checked it before, so I really enjoyed and also I felt something beyond my expression. I want everyone to know that movie because it gives us something important thing we tend to forget in our daily life.

Please let me introduce the rough story. It began when a boy, who were the main character of that video, had found “the thing” on the beach. “The thing” looked like quite strange and standing all alone because no one didn’t care about it and even notice it. He felt it pity and decided to take “the thing” to his home. However, his parents didn’t accept it and told him to return to the former place. After that, he tried to put “the thing” to a company which was on the TV. When he asked the company to keep it, he was talked to by tiny creature. According to him (or her?), it recommended him to deposit “the thing” to the other place, and gave him a key. He and “the thing” arrived the designated place and the time to say good-bye had come. The place was full of strange creature, but they seemed to have fun. Even now, he sometimes think about “the thing”.

I guessed Shaun Tan wanted us to look out carefully if there were any “lost things” around us. The “thing” that was lost might be “the mind to look around yourself”, I think. Almost all of people are too busy doing various stuff to care about other things, recently. What is worse, we cannot remember even the fact that we are lost. I think this is very sad. The older we getting, the more things we’re forgetting. This is the natural thing, but I think we can make an effort to keep our important memories in our mind. I want to do it because it may be really precious memory in my whole life.