Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Logorama!

Hi,
today this is from my hometown.
It is too cold here. I was surprized when I arrived and got off the train.


I watched the movie logorama again and again.
First of all, I think they used many logos effectively in terms of its shapes.
They described everything naturally by using only logos; vehicle, guns, mountains, and road.
And they did in terms of meanings as well.
For example, I found that the logo of k mart fell to the ground.
As you know, k mart had gone bankrupt actually.
In addition, Donald faced the logo of weight watchers.
It was funny, wasn't it? maybe Mcdonald's makes people gain weight. lol
And also I felt something funny when the Hollywood sign fell down.
I cannot explain well but I think it could be an irony from the animator, who is French(and also this animation is made in France).
I felt that this animation is parody of Hollywood movies.
Hollywood movies are always one pattern compared with British or French movies using guns, car crush, and exaggerated actions on a too large scale like this animation.
It seemed that they want to make the animation more like "Hollywood movies" deliberately and satirized them.


From the another view point, I think the message from the animator was the fact that we watch everything through the filter that we are imprinted unconsciously.
I mean we have images for almost everything.
For example, we can easily link a clown and something scaring,a man with beard and someone who is indecent, gun scene and Hollywood movies, or American people and first food.
I think the facts makes this movie more funny.
The logo characters could be funny because we thought that they fit to each roles.


In addition, I think the BGM which was used at the end of it had a message.
The lyrics was that "I dont want to set the world on fire."
Logos represent companies and there were a lots and lots of logos in this movie and the same is in real world. There are too many companies here and they are competing each other.
The world is on fire actually!
The ending was that everything sank under the black liquid and it got to be silent.
It got to be not on fire.