Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Interesting points of sports festival in my high school


 In my high school, sports festival is held every year. Sports festival is one of the biggest events and many students look forward it. Also, many people come to see it.

 

 All grades are divided into four groups. Then, a ceremony celebrating the establishment of a team is conducted. Each group decides the theme of their dance and we start practicing. Our main practice is dance but we also practice other athletic contests. It is hard but we enjoy it.

 

 Well, I want to talk about interesting points of this sports festival.

 

 First one is that we dance a folk dance. Boys make a circle inside and girls make it outside and dance together. We practice it in our P.E. class. We dance various kinds of folk dances so it is hard to learn choreography. But practice is interesting.

 

 Another one is that we wear yukata. The reason why we wear it is we dance Bon dancing at the end of the sports festival. Before sports festival, a lecture about the way of wearing a yukata is given. Many students take part in it. I joined, too and also I learned it from my grandmother. It is difficult to wear yukata by myself. But I don’t wear yukata so often in my daily life so I think it was good experience for me. Also, yukata is sold in the school in the time. There are many kinds of yukata so we can enjoy choosing it. In Bon dancing, we can see other students’ yukata. It is pleasant to see them. I think it is also good experience to dance Bon dancing. It’s an important Japanese culture so we should experience it as Japanese.

 

 I like these interesting points. I think they are one of the traditions of my high school. I hope these traditions are passed on to the next generations.