Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Friday, January 16, 2015

Amazing neighborhood in Kagoshima


When I stayed to my grandparents in Kagoshima, I met many neighborhood. In fact, most of them are my relatives. I have so many relatives that I cannot remember all of them. They were really kind to us. I want to introduce my amazing experience with them.

When they visited our home (without knocking on the door!), they always bring some handmade side dishes like pickled shallots (rakkyou). It was most delicious I have yet eaten. My grandaunt made us rice cakes in my grandmother’s way. It was really soft and tasted so sweet. When I ate it, I remembered that my grandmother send us her rice cakes every year and I could feel really happy.

What the most surprising thing for me was that my other grandaunt made us cups of soup for our dinner and we carried them with the tray from her house to ours. It was so dark there that we had to use the flashlight to walk all the way home at night. But we could carried them safely. I felt really relaxed when I ate her hot soup.

I live in the apartment in Yokohama. So, there are only thin wall between me and my neighbor. But we don’t communicate with so often. On the other hand, the people in Kagoshima communicate with their neighbors very often even though they were not relatives. It was really interesting for me. I like the peaceful atmosphere of countryside. I also believe we need such a strong relationship to live in safety and peace.