Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Friday, January 9, 2015

Oshogatsu in my grandmother's house


Last week, I and my family went to see my grandmother who lives in Machida. We visit her on January 2nd to greet the New Year every year. I love eating her dishes of Oshogatsu, especially Kuri-kinton. She is really good at making it. It is beautiful yellow and tastes so sweet.

After having lunch, we played cards this year. Though she is age of 80, she is still very clever. So, I am always beaten by her at the trump game called sevens (shichinarabe). She is really strong. I lost it this time of cours.

In fact, she does not tell her technics of both making kurikinton and sevens. She is so cheerful that she can talk with the stranger as if they were her friends. But I know her mysterious character like this. I want to know about her and learn by her many things though it seems to be difficult.