Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Memorizing

Yesterday, we had an IE III Listening class, and my video presentation was about how to improve one’s memory.
I prefer memorizing by ear. For instance, when I memorize English words, I listen to pronunciation and example sentence, not just looking at it.
I don’t know the reason why it works. But for me, learning by ear worked better than other methods. I think children who acquiring their native language are also learning in this way.  
The other classmates preferred method like, looking at it over and over, writing it again and again, a lot kind of different approaches.
The video said that to improve your memorizing ability, First, you have to decide to remember it. Then, use creativity and imagination and make an association to something on your mind. Finally, you practice them. 
I didn’t know the method of making an association, I think it’s interesting idea.


I think memorizing is important for all of us since we’re forced to memorize something everyday. What’s your favorite method?