Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Food Preferences

Today, I’d like to talk about the things that I found out on the other lecture.
I’m taking the Intercultural Communication Lecture taught by Mr.Dias.
At that lecture, I got an assignment like this, “Describe your satisfying intercultural experiences and unpleasant or uncomfortable intercultural experiences.”
For the satisfying intercultural experience, I wrote the experience that I had in New Zealand.
This experience is about the first time I communicated with foreign people, which made me very happy.
For the unpleasant or uncomfortable experience, I wrote the experience that I had in United States.
This experience was about food. It goes back to when I was a child. Our family went to United States for sightseeing. In Japan, I was regularly drinking a Japanese tea,
but at the US I couldn’t find out Japanese tea and all I found was some waters and soft drinks.  So, instead I went through with water while we were traveling. 
But the end of the travel, I find out Japanese tea at the sushi restaurant in the airport! I felt kind of relief to find out homeland thing on foreign country.
As I watching the other classmate’s experience, I found that many of them who went abroad also struggled with food problems, and most of them says that Japanese food is great.

I thought that, if they didn’t go to foreign country, probably they weren’t notice that Japanese food is great. Looking native country from other country’s view gives you many different perspective.