Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Saturday, April 12, 2014

The special places near my home

Hi! My name is Ririka Akiyama. Nice to meet you!
For my first publish on this blog, I would like to talk about the amazing areas near my home.
I live between Musashisakai and Higashi Koganei station.
Around Higashikoganei station, there are some special places related to Ghibli.

First of all, there is "Edo-Tokyo Tatemono Enn" in Koganei park. There, you can see the model buildings of Miyazaki Hayao's masterpiece, "Spirited Away". For example, the hot spring inn where the main character Chihiro works. Visitors can actually go inside it.

Secondly, there is Studio Ghibli's head office. I pass it many times on my way home and the building is stylish covered with ivy. It's wonderful to imagine many pictures that are drawn there for the new coming movie this summer. I think it is called, "When Marnie Was There".

Last but not least, Miyazaki Hayao's private studio is also located at Higashi Koganei. I also pass this place frequently, but I have never seen or met him yet. Since I'm a big fan of Ghibli film's, I wish I can happen to meet him and say hello to him some day.