Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Saturday, June 25, 2022

Brownies and Milk

I baked brownies last night. (I wrote this 2 days ago.) This doesn't happen very often, because I'm not that huge on baking. I prefer cooking over baking. One of the reasons being that I'm extremely impatient, and waiting for the batter to fully bake is a process I would like to avoid. Speaking of cooking, feel free to drop your favorite cooking channels in the comments. Or baking channels. Both work. Preferably ones you can watch on youtube. I find them to be very therapeutic and have been on a look out for a new channel to binge watch.

Anyway, back to the brownies. They were pretty good for a first timer. It had the perfect ratio of soft and crispy. It was going well until something tragic happened. I finished the entire batch in one sitting. ONE SITTING. It's not that I used a smaller tray or something. There were like what, 20? 25? medium sized ones. And I somehow managed to finish the entire thing. 

Despite feeling full, I reached out for a glass of milk. Which was weird, because I never drink milk. It was very out of character. I liked it though. It felt so refreshing that I ended up pouring myself another glass. It also felt slightly nostalgic, because whenever I see whole milk, it reminds me of school lunches in elementary school. Weird times. I liked them though. 

Ever since that happened, I've been feeling super nauseous for the past 2 days. I still kind of do. The amount of sugar I consumed in that day was truly concerning. 

This is exactly why I don't bake. Once I'm done with the baking process, I will start stuffing my face like there's no tomorrow. 


5 comments:

arisa (they/them) said...

I love About To Eat, Inga Lam, Joshua Weissman, and Babish Culinary Universe. I learned how to make this reaaaaally killer Garlic Lemon Shrimp Pasta thanks to these channels along with Eggs Benedict.

Karin said...

Yessss Joshua Weissman and Babish Culinary Universe are elite. Will be checking out the first two for sure! Thanks :)

Noyuri said...

I don't cook or really know any cooking channels but I just wanna say that this sounds amazing oh god. I'm not huge on sweets but brownies, man.... I'd probably eat an entire tray too if I had the chance...

Karin said...

yeahhh it was pretty romantic I'm not going to lie...

Reiko said...

BAKING DATE BAKING DATE BAKING DATE im jk jk.. unless...
idk if he would be considered a baking/cooking channel, more like asmr cooking but Alvin Zhou on youtube is an experience