Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Monday, June 13, 2022

Strange books on my bookshelf

Strange yet interesting books:

The Myth of the Eternal Return (Mircea Eliade)
The Hero with a Thousand Faces (Joseph Campbell)
Maps of Meaning (Jordan B. Peterson)
The Origin and History of Consciousness (Erich Neumann)
The Cosmic Serpent (Jeremy Narby)
The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross (John M. Allegro)
The Secret of the Golden Flower (Richard Wilheim, C.G.Jung)
Alchemy: An Introduction to the Symbolism and the Psychology (Marie-Louise von Franz)
Alchemical Active Imagination (Marie-Louise von Franz)
Mandala (C.G. Jung)
The Undiscovered Self (C.G. Jung)
The Red Book (C.G. Jung)
Individuation in Fairy Tales (Marie-Louise von Franz)
On Divinization and Synchronicity (Marie-Louise von Franz) 


These are some of the books I have on my bookshelf. 
Don't worry. I won't become a cult leader. 
I read such books not because I like them but exactly because I do not understand them. 
Say alchemy. What the hell is that?
Exactly. I don't know either. 
But it's so interesting to learn new "strange" ideas that emerge from the human unconscious. 
We only see the surface of the iceberg.
Why not explore the "unexplored territory"?
That's why I read Jung with great pleasure.
He does something quite peculiar, which is a thorough scientific investigation of the unconscious, such as dreams. 
Is dream analysis science or art? 
I have no idea. I should just embrace my pillow and count my sheeps for now. 

Gute Nacht!  




 

No comments: