Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Saturday, June 18, 2022

Getting That Bread πŸ₯–πŸ₯πŸ₯”πŸžπŸ₯―

Good afternoon carbohydrate-consumers,

First, a question... Are you a rice-haver, or a bread-haver?

While I'm as Asian as I could get, I love bread so much that I think I eat it more than rice. Scandalous, I know. Please don't revoke my Asian privileges... if I have any (οΎ‰≧Ϊ‘≦) Teehee~! Don't get me wrong, rice is F#%k!$* banger. If you've had Filipino cuisine before, you would know what I'm talking about. Adobo with rice? Sinigang with rice? Tapsilog? Yo, actually, I should write about Filipino cuisine next time.

Okay, before I go down another silly tangent. Let's go back to bread. Bread is amazing, and I think the reason why I even love bread so much is also because of this Filipino bread called pandesal. It's a soft and airy flour roll that's subtly sweet but interestingly, pandesal (or "pan de sal") is actually Spanish for "salt bread."  This bread is a really popular breakfast choice in the Philippines, and we would break it in the middle to put eggs, or coconut jam. When I was back in the Philippins, I would binge on twenty of these rolls in one sitting and would sometimes chase the person selling them in our subdivision to buy some more. It was that good.

But, yeah. I love bread. Croissants are one of my favorites. Garlic bread is bussy bussin'. I want to go to Germany someday to try out their bread, too. So the point of this blog is for you to tell me all about the good bakeries in Japan. Help me get this bread. Thank you.

Drink water, gooba.

2 comments:

Reiko said...

I would like to mention that a potato is not a form of bread though they are full of carbohydrates

Ken said...

There are some "BΓ€ckerei" (German Bakeshops) in Tokyo! I didn`t know so thanks for the allusion