Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Spotify

I have recently come to a realization that I rely on Spotify too much. I'm constantly listening to some sort of artificial audio. That is music, podcasts, audiobooks... This might not seem like something I should be concerned about, but it actually has a lot of side effects. 

For example, I've been so used to having some sort of audio in the background that it feels weird when I'm not listening to anything. I feel slightly uncomfortable in silence... and I don't know about you but that sounds pretty psychotic. 

Also, it's not like I'm actually paying attention to what is being played/said. I mean, I am listening. But I start zoning out every 3 seconds. It's like I'm subconsciously listening to the audio, but my thoughts aren't related to the topic at all. 

What's more, I've been less aware of my surroundings when I have my headphones in. Not only is that unsafe, but it also sounds depressing. 

One last thing, I found out that it has been kindly making a contribution to my daily headaches. I've always been prone to headaches since elementary school, but recently I've been getting them like no other. Obviously, having a messed-up sleep schedule along with my bad posture is one thing, but constantly having noise in the background is just as exhausting to the brain.

That being said, my goal for the next few weeks is to live without headphones. Or Spotify in general. Obviously, desperate times call for desperate measures. So don't punch me in the face if you catch me crying to Matilda by Harry Styles.

No comments: