Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Universe_

So recently I got into this Korean band called Onewe. And one of their songs which I can’t stop listening to is a song called Universe_(yes, the underscore is supposed to be there), and apparently the lyrics were inspired by The Little Prince.

The chorus goes, (translated to English)

“What if we went far away? What if we went even farther? What if you and I landed on that star?”

I’ve actually never read The Little Prince before (though I really want to) so I don’t exactly know what this song was intended to be about, but the music video seemed to center around the loss of loved ones, so that’s how I decided to interpret it.

This song reminded me of one specific feeling. That feeling of wishing you could just escape, wishing you could take that person who’s suffering with you to some far away universe where none of the hardships and sadness matter anymore and you can just be happy. That’s how I saw this. A final, desperate wish as the finish line stares you in the face.

I’ll spare you the details, but I’ve dealt with my fair share of loss these past few months so I know a bit of what this feels like. 

But then, as I was writing this, I found myself thinking, “Wait, isn’t that just heaven?” 

That faraway place that you can run away to, where none of your worries matter anymore. An endless utopia... heaven. I guess that’s where I want to go right now. I’m not even religious. It’s crazy how a few things happening in your life can have you thinking in ways you never would’ve even imagined.