Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Crime and Punishment

To my dearly beloved peers,


It will be my deepest sorrow to declare that this will be the last of me in free society, for I have committed a crime out of the depth of hell. It was in the comfort of my own home, under the roof that I pay for, in the kitchen where I trust to sustain myself. The clock was crawling into nighttime and I was cooking an innocent meal which was intended to be enjoyed by the lovely company of "Despicable me". But fate had other plans for me. I was distracted by the video playing on my phone, placed on the dishrack like I've done a hundred times before, I was oblivious of the tragedy about to strike.  As  I am filling up the pot with water my eyes wander to the corner of the dish rack where I see a black figure. Its darkness trying to conceal itself from my consciousness, though it wasn't dark enough, oh how I bet it wished to be darker because now I have seen it. I stop the water and drop the pot, cold sweat down my neck, hands stiff and heart heavy in my chest. I take a few steps back like a cowardly bastard. In the corner of my eyes I see the bug spray, ready for a fight. I lean towards my weapon of choice, barely breathing, never breaking eye contact. My fingers were inches away from the can when I saw a notification sliding down. At that moment my mother decided to send five texts, vibrating the whole dish rack, sending my enemy crawling back into MY FAVORITE BOWL. I drop to my knees and curse the womb that gave birth to me. She wishes death upon me and stood with the devil, for this I will never forgive her. Now I had to make a choice, will I put myself in danger by moving the bowl to reveal my enemy for a direct attack, or do I sacrifice all the dishes in my possession. Even at a time of life or death, mankind is selfish and pathetic, for I stood there unable to make a decision for 1800 seconds.  With each second my mind was plagued by the fear of the roach and I let the fear win. I finally stood my ground and pointed my can at the cabinet, I couldn't bear to look at all the dishes that now glittered like the finest chine. Don't look at me like that...I finally pull the trigger that fills the rack with poison. The house is silent, the air is filled with uncertainty. Is it dead? Have I succeeded? Am I safe? The next second my first two questions were answered, for the dead corpse of my enemy drops to the sink through a training hole in the rack with a thud. The sudden noise catches me by surprise and I flinch back, but there is nothing to worry about, alas it was dead. Now here is when my third question was answered by god. In order to banish the sinner's body, I would have to bare myself. My skin is too holy and fragile to touch the epitome of  disease, I am not born half god, I will crumble at the feet of evil. And so with the shame and death of my pride, I place a cup on the roach. I cuddle myself and say "out of sight, out of mind" but I know I am being deceitful. The cup will not conceal but represent my fear and defeat to a crime that I could not take responsibility for. As long as that cup stays there, I see black shadow crawling in the corner of my room and crawling up my leg. I am in a prison of consciousness locked by my unconscious. 

So to my friends that will see me out in town, know that it is not me but a shell of a man, whose soul will forever be chained to the vain of their existence, forever washing their bloody hands like lady Macbeth, and haunted by its sins against sin.



4 comments:

Karin said...

SHIZUKU THIS IS SO GOOD

arisa (they/them) said...

YOU ARE. THE DRAMA. YOU ARE THE MOMENT. I AM ABOUT TO COMMIT CRIMES AND ESCAPE PUNISHMENT FOR YOUR PROSE AHDGHAHGSHHAHAHS

Ken said...

Wow, we have our Dostoevsky here

Reiko said...

Bro i will unleash another roach to just to read something like this again 😩