Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Friday, November 14, 2014

Literary terms of "Modern Times"


 In this blog, I will talk about literary terms of “Modern Times”. First, I write about brief summary of this story.

 

 This story is about a man whose name is Charlie. He worked at a steel manufacturing factory but his action became strange gradually and he caused various troubles. So he was sent to a hospital. After that, he came to be involved in various incidents.

 

 Second, I talk about literary terms of this story. Setting is in America in 1936 after World Crisis. Conflict is Charlie vs a capitalistic society. Climax is that Charlie and a girl lost their jobs but after that, they started to search free life. I think a steel manufacturing factory is symbol of a capitalistic society in those days. Irony of this story is that though Charlie was a good person, he often faced bad luck. I suppose theme is it is important not to be tied to a trend of society.

 

 I think this movie is interesting and funny. I could enjoy watching. I want to recommend this movie to my friends and family.