Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Theme of Varmints


 I think “Varmints” represents the destruction of nature caused by industrialization. In my opinion, the creator of this animation wants us to think about the environment deeply.

 

 When I watched the beginning of this animation, I felt peaceful atmosphere. There was beautiful nature and the hero of this animation looked so happy. But after that, this nature was destroyed by the construction of many buildings. The air was getting dirty and the atmosphere was also getting gloomy. In the last scene, the space in which there was the wonderful nature appeared. This space was separated from the industrialized world. The hero had difficulty in going there but finally, he could. The scene of the industrialized world seen from that space was terrible. When I watched it, I felt sad.

 

 I think we have to think about the present environment seriously. I suppose this animation tells us the importance of thinking about the environment. Our world is developing in various aspects but I think we should think about not only development but also the environment.