Come in and Blog On!

2023 Welcome to your IE 3 class blog. The object of this class project is to log in and write your comments, web links, answers to questions, and your questions to others at least twice a week. It's fun and you can include pictures or graphics. Keep it original, helpful, and interesting. Don't forget to spellcheck your work before publishing. Also, when you create your user name, please use your real first name, in Romaji (ex. Ryuki, Mari, Lisa, etc.) so that we know who we are communicating with. Enjoy, and Blog on!

Friday, November 7, 2014

My poor ability to read and comprehend

I'll write about my poor reading skills, even though I don't think I want to write about topics like this.


Every time I read something, whether it is written in English or Japanese, I get disappointed at how poor my reading skills are.
As one of our assignments, The Look, shows, my answers are different from other members' answers.
Moreover, their answers are almost the same, which seem to me to be nothing but correct answers.
Why does this happen?
I guess that this is probably because of a lack of reading during my childhood.
When I was in elementary school, I spent almost all time playing and practicing baseball, which I was crazy about at that time.
When I had no practice of baseball, I would often play baseball and soccer with my friends at a park in front of my house until late evening.
I was very active, and I don't remember reading books, for I don't like reading.
In addition, unfortunately, this affected my grade of Japanse in high school and result of the entrance examinations, especially national center exam for university entrance, which required rapid reading, and I had very hard time.


Do you have tips for becoming a good reader?  Tell me and help me!